With the guidance from a Digital Shapers team, Mourik Group created a strategy for 2025. In contrast to the usual way of working - this process took place with a ‘strategy by doing’ approach. In order to make this work, it’s crucial to gain broader support over the course of this project and put the strategy into action already instead of idealizing the outcome in the end. Mourik expressed their wish for inspiration from the outside, to obtain a sharp perspective on future possibilities. Preferably, concrete examples with a close connection to the company’s reality.
It’s no longer necessary to visit Silicon Valley or China to be inspired. In fact, the Netherlands is bursting with innovative examples and opportunities for new interesting collaborations. That’s why we put together a custom program consisting of important trends and topics. Ranging from startups to visiting inspiring locations. With the help of an innovation hub, close interactions at the start and in between evaluations we managed to create involvement among participants and a concrete outcome. One of which is the setting future ambitions and new value propositions.
Over the course of 6 months, this inspiration program has led to the following outcomes:
- Short and long term inspiration
- Acceleration of creating strategy 2025
- Increased broader support as the result of agreement on the most relevant themes
- Insights in the ecosystem and the differentiating role of the company within that ecosystem
- Concrete new value propositions and ideas for innovation
- New collaboration with a start-up
- New collaboration with a public speaker
- Expanded collaboration with a partner
- Repetition and deepening of this journey on division level.